Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Becca's Wedding

I haven’t written on this thing in so long. This is my attempt at catching up. So I have to talk about my sister’s beautiful wedding! Becca and Steven got married on May 23rd in the Rexburg Temple. It was a really gorgeous day. The night before the wedding Becca and I were dealing with the music playlist for her reception and that I think was stressing her out, then the whole family (Seiperts and Griffiths) went to Chuck-a-Rama for dinner. After that we went shopping for last minute stuff like getting Becca’s ring cleaned and getting me shoes to wear the next day, plus the best man forgot shoes so he had to buy some too. Then the morning of the wedding, Becca was all jittery and happy. She went and got her hair done and she looked like a princess. Then April and I attempted to do her makeup and make her “eyes pop.” That is what she said she wanted. We all went up to Rexburg and I gave Becca the biggest hug ever since it would be our last hug as her being single! I went to the church to babysit all the kids while everyone else got to go to the sealing. The kids were all being pretty cute that morning in their pretty dresses and handsome shirts and ties. We all met Becca and Steven when they came out of the temple and my oh my they looked happy. I was so surprised when I didn’t cry all day. I was very proud of myself. After wards I heard a lot of comments about the sealing and I hear it was a pretty amazing ceremony. I was super jealous I wasn’t there. On the way back to Idaho Falls it was just my mom in the car. We were talking about how Steven treated Becca. I told my mom how impressed I was and that I would not settle for anyone that didn’t treat me as well as he treated her. My mom said she wanted that in writing. Then we had the beautiful reception. It was good seeing so many familiar faces, yet I did get asked some pretty interesting questions, like “oh you must be the groom’s mother!” Ya, no I sure hope I don’t look old enough to be a 23 or 24 year olds mother! The reception was so pretty and the cake was amazing. The whole day went so perfectly. I just want to say that my sister found a pretty good one. Being patient is obviously the key.
Welcome Steven to the family!

1 comment:

Allison said...

I love her cake! It is so cute! It sounds like you've been busy the last few weeks. I'm glad you've been having fun!